Montana State University Institute on Ecosystems
#3 Updated by Laura Moyers over 9 years ago
- Status changed from Deferred to Planning
- Subject changed from Montana State University to Montana State University Institute on Ecosystems
- File MSU_Member_Node_Description_Form_2012Jun20_Formatted.docx added
- Due date changed from 2014-08-01 to 2015-01-31
- Software stack set to Metacat
- Base URL set to https://data.rcg.montana.edu/gateway/
- Target version changed from Deferred to Deploy by end of Y1Q2
- Assignee changed from John Cobb to Laura Moyers
From Seth Mason (email):
"The IoE is an organization within the Montana University System, and thus includes researchers at Montana State and UMontana (as well as a few other institutions). ... The repository we hope to set up as a MN will initially contain datasets produced by NSF EPSCoR research efforts, but IoE has high hopes that it will become a more widely used repository for ecological data collected by a much bigger user group across Montana."
Ben Leinfelder has been in conversation with Seth previously. We have a MN description document (attached).
#6 Updated by Laura Moyers about 9 years ago
#7 Updated by Laura Moyers about 9 years ago
- File portal_logo.png added
- File MSU_Member_Node_Description_Form_2012Jun20_Formatted.pdf added
#11 Updated by Laura Moyers about 9 years ago
- MN Description set to The Montana Institute on Ecosystems (IoE) Data Repository archives and manages ecological research collections produced investigators within the Montana University System. The Montana IoE Data Repository is also the primary archive for data products generated by Montana EPSCoR projects.
- MN Tier set to Tier 4
- Status changed from Testing to In Review
#13 Updated by Laura Moyers about 9 years ago
- MN_Date_Online changed from 2014-08-19 to 2014-08-13
- Status changed from In Review to Operational
"Online with DataONE" date on the dashboard https://www.dataone.org/current-member-nodes#nodes/IOE is 8/13/14, formally announced on 8/19/14.
For previous MNs where the "Online with DataONE" date was difficult to determine, we chose to make the "MN_Date_Online" date the announcement date. For current/future MNs where the date the MN was approved in production and harvesting first occurred is easy to determine, we will use that date for MN_Date_Online.
#20 Updated by Amy Forrester over 5 years ago
email bouncing: Thomas Heetdirks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1/16: email Todd Kipfer
[Todd reply] had both staff turnover and a restructuring with the research computing group here. I am not yet clear on how this will work out for this specific need. In the interim, please list me as the contact. cell: 406-599-0856
#22 Updated by Amy Forrester over 5 years ago
1/22/18: Call with Todd Kipfer; Dave & Mark
- Update their version (2.5.1) of Metacat (need to allocate resources (Jing))
- Get them able to replicate content
**not high priority on IOE-side, but trying to get more functionality in their repository and promote for funding and bring in other projects
Added Story #8244
- Explore: epscor specific portal search interface --provide some focused branding for a group of MNs