#10 Updated by Laura Moyers almost 8 years ago
- Assignee set to Laura Moyers
When we look here: http://mercury-ops2.ornl.gov/clearinghouse/mn/v1/node
The USGS Clearinghouse service has been discontinued. Please consider searching the USGS Science Data Catalog http://data.usgs.gov, Dept. of the Interior http://data.doi.gov/, and Data.gov http://www.data.gov/ for federal data/metadata.
For metadata from former non-federal Clearinghouse partners, please visit those agencies' websites.
Thank you for your patronage!
We can still get to the data, since it is available as a URL within the metadata for a given data package.
#11 Updated by Laura Moyers over 7 years ago
Follow-up to previous note: meeting 3/3/15 where it was decided to delete all content from the CSAS MN and delete the MN. The content here has not been replicated to another MN, and some of its content will be available on the new SDC (Science Data Catalog) MN, currently in testing. Some of the content on CSAS (from the National Park Service) will not be available.
- verify solution (decision from meeting was to delete content/MN; after further evaluation we're not sure if this is the most appropriate solution in this case)
#15 Updated by Laura Moyers over 7 years ago
- MN Description set to US Geological Survey Core Science Metadata Clearinghouse archives metadata records describing datasets largely focused on wildlife biology, ecology, environmental science, temperature, geospatial data layers documenting land cover and stewardship (ownership and management), and more.
#17 Updated by Laura Moyers almost 7 years ago
The USGS Core Sciences Clearinghouse has closed up shop, and the CSAS MN tied to it needs to be deprecated. See the epad https://epad.dataone.org/pad/p/USGS_CSAS_and_SDC for discussions about how best to close the CSAS MN. The final decision is to:
• First, ARCHIVE all CSAS content so that it is undiscoverable.
• Second, if desired, change the ACCESS POLICY on each object so that it is non-public, so that in the very slight chance that someone has an identifier, if they should try to resolve it, they’d get a “not authorized” message. This is up to Mike/Ranjeet as the CSAS MN owner.
• Lastly, UNAPPROVE the CSAS MN in production so that it does not show up on lists (such as the list of MNs in search, the dashboard, etc.)