Idaho Northwest Knowledge Network member node
The Northwest Knowledge network (NKN) at Idaho has been identified as a potential member node, and expressed interest at the 2012 DUG.
Initial contact is Greg Goldberg: CI/NKN/FRAMES Program Manager University of Idaho 208-885-9756 firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 Updated by Bruce Wilson over 10 years ago
Copied notes over from #3688, pasting text below from John Cobb note dated 2013-06-18
Phone and gotomeeting Conference call convened on 20130618.
Some notes are available at http://epad.dataone.org/NKN-and-DataONE
A good discussion about NKN and the projects it serves as well as DataONE.
One action item was to start exploring a NKN deployment including how to publish, how to organize objects, possible GMN implementation, GMN back-end customization, idetnificatiion of science use cases
#18 Updated by Laura Moyers over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Testing to In Review
- % Done changed from 50 to 80
During the transition to production, there was an issue with a sample dataset. Ed Flathers is investigating. When this is resolved, we transition the remaining NKN content to their production MN and announce.
#21 Updated by Laura Moyers over 7 years ago
- NodeIdentifier set to urn:node:NKN
- MN Description set to The Northwest Knowledge Network (NKN) is a unit within the University of Idaho (UI) Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED) that provides research data management and computing support for UI researchers and their regional, national, and international collaborators. NKN operates as a partnership between ORED, the UI Information Technology Services Unit, and the UI Library.
- Base URL changed from urn:node:NKN to https://www.northwestknowledge.net/
#22 Updated by Laura Moyers over 7 years ago
- Status changed from In Review to Operational
- Target version changed from Deploy by end of Y2Q2 to Operational
The NKN MN is in production with one data package. Testing of ISO 19115-2 metadata'd content is in progress. When NKN has its ISO content in production, we will formally announce.
#25 Updated by Laura Moyers over 7 years ago
- MN_Date_Online set to 2016-06-28