ESS-DIVE, including CDIAC
The new ESS-DIVE project at Lawrence Berkeley National Labs (LBNL) is funded by the Department of Energy (DOE) to provide data archival services to a variety of DOE programs, including CDIAC and others. Deb Argawal is the PI, and initiated a collaboration with DataONE via NCEAS to help build and operate the new center. Matt Jones is the DataONE PI operating our part of the project as a local contact. LBNL is standing up a new Metacat-based data system that they will leverage to house data from several facilities, including CDIAC. DataONE has been subcontracted to provide consulting and replication services at UCSB and one other location. This MNDeployment will result in the ESS_DIVE member node, and will include replica holdings at two other DataONE locations.
#5 Updated by Matthew Jones about 4 years ago
Update on the ESS_DIVE node. The LBNL team has been working on deploying a customized version of Metacat and MetacatUI for the ESS_DIVE repository, and plan to bring it to live status in March of 2018, but at that point they will be a standalone instance of Metacat and not yet registered in DataONE.
After they have completed that, they would like to work on becoming a DataONE member node. Both Chris and I have been consulting with them on that transition, and so they will be in a good technical position to do so, as they should have a robust deployment of Metacat (current they are at 2.8.7) and will be producing fully valid EML metadata documents. So there should be limited technical hurdles to overcome.
Once they are registered as a Member Node, they will want to start using our replication services, and Chris and I will help guide them through that process.
This is just an update. The deployment schedule will be worked out with the MN wranglers after the LBNL folks have released the ESS_DIVE site.
#7 Updated by Amy Forrester almost 4 years ago
Val Hendrix, Cory Snavely, and Shreyas Cholia are involved with the technical implementation of their repository
Deb Agarwal is the Lead PI on the grant, and Charuleka Varadharajan email@example.com is the Deputy Lead and their Community Engagement Lead. Deb will be the main project contact, but Cory, Shreyas, and Val will be listed as the technical MN operators. See their team page for their respective roles. https://ess-dive.lbl.gov/about/team
#12 Updated by Amy Forrester almost 4 years ago
- Logo URL set to https://github.com/DataONEorg/member-node-info/blob/master/production/graphics/originals/ESS-DIVE.jpg
- Name set to ESS-DIVE: Deep Insight for Earth Science Data
- MN Description set to The U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Environmental Systems Science Data Infrastructure for a Virtual Ecosystem (ESS-DIVE) is a data archive for Earth and environmental science data. ESS-DIVE is funded by the Data Management program within the Climate and Environmental Science Division under the DOE's Office of Biological and Environmental Research program (BER), and is maintained by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- File ESS-DIVE.jpg added
- Information URL set to https://data.ess-dive.lbl.gov/catalog/d1/mn
MN info provided by Valerie Hendrix firstname.lastname@example.org
#14 Updated by Amy Forrester over 3 years ago
- Date Upcoming set to 2018-08-07
- MN_Date_Online set to 2018-09-17
- Status changed from Testing to Operational
Notice - The Operational Status has changed for Node ESS-DIVE: Deep Insight for Earth Science Data.
New Status: operational
Previous Status: upcoming