DFC Member Node
Member node implementation to connect with Datanet Federation Consortium (DFC) datanet project. DFC Implementation is iRODS so iRODS <--> DataONE Service Programming interface is needed
#5 Updated by Matthew Jones over 9 years ago
Lisa Stillwell from RENCI contacted me about implementing DataONE API support for iRODS. She has been given this task on their end, and wanted an overview. We met via telephone for about 90 minutes on 8/23/2013 to discuss the process. I gave her a brief overview of the DataONE MN API and discussed the process of developing a software stack. We also reviewed the issues surrounding PIDs, SIDs, immutability, logging, and other potential issues. I sent her an email with information on how to get started on development, including where to get documentation on libclient, how to reach us on IRC and the developers list, etc. I offered that we are more than happy to help with any issues that arise.
#8 Updated by Bruce Wilson about 9 years ago
- Due date changed from 2014-01-31 to 2014-04-30
- Target version changed from Deploy by end of Y5Q2 to Deploy by end of Y5Q3
Based on current progress, I'm moving the target for this out to Q3. Based on current progress, anticipating implementation after January seems most likely.
#18 Updated by Laura Moyers over 6 years ago
- Base URL set to http://datafed.org/
- MN Description set to The DataNet Federation Consortium (DFC) Hydro-NEXRAD rainfall accumulation data for the Carolinas, Maryland, and Virginia uses Hydro-NEXRAD algorithms and NEXRAD data from the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) to provide spatial datasets that estimate rainfall accumulation at 15-minute time intervals.
Added short MN description and MN URL.
#23 Updated by Laura Moyers almost 6 years ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
- Target version deleted (
Deploy by end of Y3Q1)
- Status changed from Testing to Closed
Development activities suspended. Word from Lisa Stillwell 7 Feb 2017, there will not be a DFC Member Node. The work that Lisa has done so far on the iRODS MN will be leveraged at CyVerse for their iRODS MN implementation.