Upon MN completion of MN Description Worksheet, meet to determine operational and technical feasibility.
CAS_CERN Work Plan Template
* Repository meets sustainability expectations.
- What data will be exposed?
- Content mutability.
- Software needs:
- DataONE software stack or implement new web service in existing applications (custom stack)?
- Full repository or Slender Node?
- metadata only or science data + replication?
- Repository's in-house preferences? (Java? Python?)
- Consistency of metadata quality.
- Level of functionality (tier).
- Confirm chosen deployment path.
- Communicate knowledge of technical requirements for selected deployment. These can include:
- SSL certificate.
- Apache web server with Python 2.7 or Java (depending on stack).
- Confirm metadata format. Communicate expectations for metadata quality.
- Specify in advance whether a separate test installation will be maintained in parallel with production. This is important for planning the deployment. A separate test will need distinct subdomain and SSL cert if not using wildcard.
* Receive and validate sample metadata records from member node.