GINA - Geographic Information Network of Alaska
"GINA is a mechanism within the University of Alaska (UA) for sharing data and technical capacity among Alaskan, Arctic, and world communities.
Established in 2001 as an initiative of UA’s President, GINA promotes collaboration at the local, state, and federal levels by increasing community-wide participation in the discovery and use of geospatial data. GINA’s products and services greatly expand the range of available analysis capabilities in order to better address research and management requirements."
More information about GINA to come in July 2016.
#1 Updated by Laura Moyers over 6 years ago
- MN Description changed from The Geographic Information Network of Alaska (GINA) is a mechanixm within the University of Alaska for sharing data and technical capacity among Alaskan, Arctic, and world communities. to The Geographic Information Network of Alaska (GINA) is a mechanism within the University of Alaska for sharing data and technical capacity among Alaskan, Arctic, and world communities.
#4 Updated by Laura Moyers over 5 years ago
- NodeIdentifier set to urn:node:GINA
- Software stack set to GMN
- MN Tier set to Tier 1
- Target version set to Deploy by end of Y3Q2
GINA would like to have something in place by March 2017. Will and Dayne Broderson have already been in contact with Roger via Slack with GMN questions.
#6 Updated by Laura Moyers over 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from Rebecca Koskela to Laura Moyers
Meeting 26 January, see the epad https://epad.dataone.org/pad/p/GINA_and_DataONE
Logos here: http://gina.alaska.edu/logos
Next meeting 9 February, at that time plan to have MNDD in hand, GINA to have a GMN installed locally, DataONE to assist with node registration and client cert generation, and begin testing.
Debating nodeId UAF-GINA, UAF_GINA, UAFGINA.
#12 Updated by Laura Moyers about 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from Laura Moyers to Roger Dahl
The latest from Vanessa 8/15/17:
We picked up our DataOne work again in July and are still working on it. We have created a set of DataOne data requirements and adding PIDs to different aspects of our data. So far so good. We'll check in with you when we reach a milestone.
UPDATE 12/18/2017 (RK) - GINA is still interested in becoming a MN but resources are the main stumbling block; we should keep them on the list