Custom nodes will start off by first registering in Sandbox. Nodes using an existing MN software will register in Stage.
- Node contact subject approved by D1 admin in DataONE LDAP.
- Node software configuration - synchronization enabled if applicable.
- Node registration document generated and submitted to Sandbox or Stage CN.
- D1 Admin approves node registration on the Sandbox or Stage CN server.
- Monitor and verify synchronization, indexing, search behavior.
- MN approves display of information in test search interface (https://search-sandbox.test.dataone.org/#data or https://search-stage.test.dataone.org/#data)
A note for custom implemented DataONE services: It's expected that development and testing will be more iterative. When satisfied with results in sandbox, repeat the process by changing target to cn-stage.
#1 Updated by Amy Forrester almost 4 years ago
7/11/18: certificate generated - https://project.dataone.org/~tao/urn_node_mnTestCAS_CERN.zip
#3 Updated by Amy Forrester almost 4 years ago
7/30/18 from Jing
in test stage, harvested 1 “test” object successfully - (only have 4 datasets and 390 files per dataset total) https://search-stage.test.dataone.org/#view/zhany.3.1
7/31 - Jing to get them to upload some read data and do more testing before we move to production. confirm with dave that harvesting on 4 objects is aligned with DataONE strategy
#6 Updated by Amy Forrester over 3 years ago
9/28- email sent: Please let us know once you have reviewed your data in the stage environment and approve the display of information in the test search interface. Additionally, can you confirm the amount of data you will have available in production before we announce your Member Node?