In prep for first meeting, provide potential MN with overview documentation:
* What is DataONE?
* [Benefits of collaborating with DataONE as a Member Node] (https://www.dataone.org/benefits-becoming-member-node
* General process of becoming a Member Node
* Responsibilities of a Member Node--Partnership Guidelines (http://www.dataone.org/sites/all/documents/DataONE_MN_Partner_Guidelines_20131024.pdf)
In prep for technical assessment meeting, provide potential MN with:
* MN Description Worksheet: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pTstSQ2ziDEI-7B1LacU0ZyrsZzL4G3x/view?usp=sharing)
* MN Deployment Routes
* Member Node APIs
Initial meeting, include:
business requirements (Legal, Licensing, data sharing restrictions / privacy concerns)
Continue Discussions = Change Status > Planning¶
#4 Updated by Amy Forrester about 4 years ago
4/18/18: Skype conversation with Zy
We have 4 datasets and 390 files per dataset at first stage to run a Member Node. The amount may be more in the future.
Datasets are from 1 project. We use one of our workmate's datasets as DataOne dataset. https://www.earth-syst-sci-data-discuss.net/essd-2018-4/
* Ren, X., He, H., Zhang, L., and Yu, G.: Global radiation, photosynthetically active radiation, and the diffuse components dataset of China, 1981–2010, Earth Syst. Sci. Data Discuss., https://doi.org/10.5194/essd-2018-4, in review, 2018.
re: Metacat installation --Jing supporting
- After metacat installation, Zy not first contact person.
- Explained that once metacat is installed, there will still be several DataONE implementation steps both technologically and administratively to join the DataONE federation that will require participation from your Network --> emailed links to API & implementation pages