Ross Martin of Axiom Data Science is working with Matt Jones on a new GMN for Research Workspace.
email from Ross 7/11/16: We've been working on setting up the GMN software to serve data from the Research Workspace, which is a project-based data management system. You can see a list of some of our users here: http://www.aoos.org/aoos-ocean-workspace/
I don't expect that this new member node would impact the GoA MN. The DataONE website has a list of member nodes, including the AOOS GoA node, and I imagine it will be important to retain that branding. The new member node should be affiliated with "Research Workspace."
#2 Updated by Laura Moyers almost 6 years ago
- MN Tier set to Tier 1
- NodeIdentifier set to urn:node:RW
- Subject changed from Research Workspace (associated with AOOS) to Research Workspace
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Status changed from New to Testing
The Research Workspace is in technical testing. Current direction is that RW intends to serve up content from multiple repositories that they support, but this is still being investigated.
#5 Updated by Laura Moyers over 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from Matthew Jones to Roger Dahl
Latest update from Ross 4/24/17:
We're currently expecting to be able to push our first archives and move our stage MN to prod in May. We're hoping to get our DOI minting capability online in the next few weeks, and would like to include DOIs with this first push. Due to some issues with the CN stage environment, I have not been able to completely test the update API, and have had to step away for a few weeks to deal with other tasks. I'm hoping to return to testing updates in May and may be able to work with Roger at that time to upgrade the prod node to GMN v2.
#6 Updated by Laura Moyers over 5 years ago
The latest activities at RW have included testing in Stage of nested OREs. It appears that RW is using a (currently) non-supported variant of ISO 19115 metadata (ISO BIO Extension)
Evaluating for next steps (options include add support for this ISO variant, RW modify metadata for ISO NOAA variant...)
#9 Updated by Laura Moyers about 5 years ago
- MN_Date_Online set to 2017-08-03
- Status changed from Testing to Operational
- MN Description set to The Research Workspace is a web-based, scientific data management platform that allows researchers to store and share their data.
- Target version changed from Deploy by end of Y3Q2 to Operational