Fix dataone-cn-metacat installation to modify spatial and indexPaths properties
In the dataone-cn-metacat postinst script, we modify a number of properties in the metacat.properties file for Coordinating Node installations.
We need to also set the 'spatial.runSpatialOption' to false in order to bypass the geoserver component of Metacat.
Also, we're experiencing very long startup times for Metacat (24 minutes), and it looks to be due to the Metacat indexing feature (older, non-Solr indexing). Because the xml.indexPaths property lists many paths to index, Metacat ends up searching the xml_nodes table for each of these paths, only to not index them because the 'database.usexmlindex' is set to false. The search time is causing the startup delay. With the xml.indexPaths set to nothing, startup time is around 70 seconds in production.
So, we need to clear the multi-lined xml.indexPaths property in the postinst file as well.
#2 Updated by Jing Tao over 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- translation missing: en.field_remaining_hours set to 0.0
Metacat has two level of index - xml_index and xml_path_index. The xml_index was controlled by database.usexmlindex. This value was reset in the code long time ago.
The xml_path_index was controlled the value of dbquery.enabledEngines. If "pathquery" was removed. Everything related to xml_path_index will be disabled. The code to remove "pathquery" was added to both the trunk and DATAONE-CN-METACAT_v2.4 branch.
However, we found a bug on Metacat. The removal "pathquery" didn't disable a process for pathquery in the initialization of Metacat. The bug was fixed in both Metacat trunk and Metacat 2.4 branch.
I tested code in cn-dev and cn-sandbox. It worked.