Bug #3675: package relationships not available for archived objects
design proposal for archive
Design an implementable solution that:
1) allows non-current package relationships to be traversable
2) does the right thing regarding discovery and non-current items
3) compatible with mutability requirements
#1 Updated by Rob Nahf over 3 years ago
discoverability is related to keywords and metadata document text, not so much to the systemMetadata fields in the solr records.
What if archived only removed the metadata-related fields?
There would be no subject-based discovery, but connectedness would remain.
(What about potential citation ids pulled from metadata? would those go away?)
#2 Updated by Rob Nahf about 3 years ago
- % Done changed from 30 to 100
- Target version set to CCI-2.4.0
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- Category set to d1_indexer
From the 2018 AHM, it was decided that archive records remain in the main search index, and the boolean 'archived' flag be added to the solr schema to accomodate this.
A dedicated search handler will be implemented to filter out unarchived records (the default behavior).