Task #3635: Phase two Morpho implementation
Morpho should not rely on CN for any critical features
Here is a scenario we need to handle:
1. A user installed its own metacat 2.0.0.
2. This metacat server doesn't join the dataone network.
3. User want morpho can connect the metacat.
Since the new morpho will only use the dataone api to create, update and delete documents, we should make sure that the dataone api is on even though the metacat doesn't join the dataone network.
#2 Updated by Ben Leinfelder almost 11 years ago
- Subject changed from Handle a metacat which doesn't join the dataone network to Morpho should not rely on CN for any critical features
- Category set to Morpho
We added MN.query for the very reason. We still have a CN dependency for the access control screen where we will have to use the CN.accounts service to get a list of all DataONE users. This is analogous to Metacat's getPrincipals action. If the MN is not part of a CN network, we can still provide them the list from the CN as well as a text box for editing an identity for access control rules.
#6 Updated by Ben Leinfelder over 10 years ago
- Parent task changed from #3080 to #3635
Setting AccessPolicy and ReplicationPolicy is also an issue that needs to be addressed. Currently these methods are only exposed on the CN so users must wait until an object has been synchronized from the MN to the CN.