This will be the basic approach for converting LTER DOIs. This will happen after both servers are upgraded to Metacat 2.0.0 from Metacat 1.9.5.
- KNB admin will provide '/tmp/knb_identifier.csv' file to be used by SQL script (LTER_DOI_conversion.sql)
- '/tmp/knb_identifier.csv' will be transfered to LTER server (scp or email to LTER admin - TBD)
- LTER admin will run 'src/LTER_DOI_conversion.sql' (e.g., https://code.ecoinformatics.org/code/metacat/trunk/src/LTER_DOI_conversion.sql) to update to the correct DOIs
#2 Updated by Mark Servilla about 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I have reviewed the outlined approach, understand (mostly) the rationale and need for this conversion/update, and reviewed and understand the corresponding SQL script for performing the conversion/update. Awaiting instructions for when to execute this conversion process.
#3 Updated by Ben Leinfelder about 8 years ago
Just wanted to follow up on this and see if it had been done. It can be performed anytime since we are not adding any more DOIs for existing content and this should only affect DOIs LTER has for replicas it houses for KNB and PISCO. I sent the .csv file back in July, but can resend if needed. Thanks!
#4 Updated by Mark Servilla about 8 years ago
No, this task is still incomplete - sorry. As mentioned in the previous comment, "Awaiting instructions for when to execute this conversion process". Given all other tasks DataONE programmers were performing at the time of the previous comment, I did not know if this step should be performed. If it is appropriate, I will move forward and complete this task.