Custom nodes will start off by first registering in Sandbox. Nodes using an existing MN software will register in Stage.
- Node contact subject approved by D1 admin in DataONE LDAP.
- Node software configuration - synchronization enabled if applicable.
- Node registration document generated and submitted to Sandbox or Stage CN.
- D1 Admin approves node registration on the Sandbox or Stage CN server.
- Monitor and verify synchronization, indexing, search behavior.
- MN approves display of information in test search interface (https://search-sandbox.test.dataone.org/#data or https://search-stage.test.dataone.org/#data)
A note for custom implemented DataONE services: It's expected that development and testing will be more iterative. When satisfied with results in sandbox, repeat the process by changing target to cn-stage.