Project

General

Profile

Bug #7861

Setting a Metacat member node's synchronization false doesn't work.

Added by Jing Tao almost 4 years ago. Updated almost 4 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Metacat
Target version:
Start date:
2016-08-05
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Milestone:
None
Product Version:
*
Story Points:
Sprint:

Description

In order to test the metadata editor form and avoid to create test documents on production CN, we set the synchronization false through the Metacat admin page. We didn't see any error. However, the test content was synchronized to the CN. We have to use the curl command to remove it from CNs.

History

#1 Updated by Jing Tao almost 4 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Chris Jones to Jing Tao

#2 Updated by Jing Tao almost 4 years ago

  • Category changed from d1_cn_node_registry to Metacat
  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

The problem was in Metacat. In the d1Admin page, those properties were modified by the Metacat way - throught the properties service class. However, reading value is by the Dataone way - the Setting class. Those two properties were not synchronized. I added code the synchronize them after the modification of properties. It worked. The fix will be included in Metacat 2.7.2 and later release.

#3 Updated by Ben Leinfelder almost 4 years ago

Thanks for catching that. I suppose the Settings in memory were not being refreshed after PropertyService wrote them to metacat.properties.

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 14.8 MB)