Story #3959: Decrease rollout time for ansible playbooks
Pin other dependencies of dataone debian packages
Unlike the dataone debian packages whose version numbers are dynamically determined through the dataone debian repositories, there are certain dataone packaging dependencies that should be statically pinned. Create global/static variable in ansible that can be manually edited whenever the following packages need to be upgraded:
sun-java6-jdk, tomcat6, tomcat6-admin, postgresql, slapd
Check with Skye for these additional required packages:
solr-common (= 3.4.0~blubolt2~lucid1), solr-tomcat (>= 3.4.0~blubolt2~lucid1)
#3 Updated by Chris Brumgard over 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- translation missing: en.field_remaining_hours set to 0.0
- Product Version set to *
- As part of the site facts module, I have it read additional package information from /etc/dataone/ansible/. All of the pinning information from hudson goes their automatically and further pinning information can be added.
- There is a config file now within ansible svn that will allow installers to specify versions of packages. Ansible places this information within /etc/dataone/ansible and then apt pins packages from /etc/dataone/ansible.